See also:WikkaWiki welcomes code modifications and extensions from new developers. This page contains all the necessary information for users willing to contribute code. Before posting code additions/plugins to this server, we encourage you to read the following in order to familiarize with the internal workings of WikkaWiki:
- Wikka resources - some thoughts about Wikka, its resources, and how the Wikka architecture supports them;
- Wikka code structure - the structure of the Wikka directory;
- Wikka logical data model - an explanation of how the data "works" and a step on the way towards a better and expanded database;
- Wikka physical data model - a model of the physical structure of the database, to help understand how Wikka stores and retrieves its data;
- Wikka table structure - the structure of the MySQL-tables of Wikka;
- The Wikka API - a list of the available functions that should be used in the development of new components;
- Print this handy PHP Cheat Sheet and put it on your desk - it will save many trips to the online PHP documentation; more about it here.
LinuxChix: Tips on Contributing to Open Source contains good advice.